• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
At The Worm Bin, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We work to keep our policies in line with the latest legislation. (GDPR)
What information do we collect?
We do not collect personal information from our users, unless that information is necessary.
We may collect the following information from our website, our mailbox and our social media platforms.
Name, contact information and message if you contact us or participate in a survey, contest or promotion; If you contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in your email to us, in order to send you a reply.
Details such as traffic information, location data and other communication data (including IP address and browser type) collected by your availing of the Services
We may keep Your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through a social media account;
Information and communications on our website and blog comments
Your Phone number - if you contact us by phone
Your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties i.e. open/click on such emails;
Information from third party databases to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
You may visit our site anonymously.
Marketing email preferences
If you decide to subscribe to our email newsletter, we will collect your email address. We may send you emails about new products and other updates.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalise your experience onsite (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
• To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To produce targeted, relevant and personalised adverts on external platforms such as Facebook & Instagram
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others
• To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
• To process transactions and deliver your goods
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
• To contact you periodically via a number of methods
If you have given us the consent to do so, we may contact you by telephone, email, SMS and post notifying you of products or special offers that may be on interest to you.
The data you provide will be used for the purpose stated at the time of collection i.e. for the fulfilment of your order should you need to be contacted with regards to an unforeseen issue or for newsletters if you have chosen to receive these when you placed your order or signed up via the form on our website.
In all of our communication to you we will offer you the option to opt-in or opt-out.
In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, please ensure that you do not tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration or checkout process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by logging into your account to update your marketing preferences, or click the unsubscribe link that can be found in the footer or any of our marketing emails.
How do we protect your information?
We recognise that online security and data protection is a vital importance for our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the way we protect your personal data before you use our Services. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. Our approach is focused on preventing risks. As the security of some communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and The Worm Bin will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes; Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders with us by email if you wish.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The Worm Bin may retain customer personal data for periods of time for legal, audit and compliance purposes and to the extent required by Applicable Laws, for such period as required by Applicable laws. The Worm Bin shall ensure the confidentiality of all such customer personal data is only retained and processed as necessary for the purpose specified (legal, audit or compliance).
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If you change your mind after you opt-in, you can withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully processed. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
The Worm Bin